If you are struggling financially, you need to address the frequency of your sales conversations. Entrepreneurs are problem solvers. Sales are the vehicle we use to solve our clients’ problems. Remember that the purpose of the call is to serve the client. It may not always result in a sale, but you always have the opportunity to serve in a sales conversation.
Your goal during this call is to help them make a decision. You are focused on how to serve them and provide solutions to their problems. In most instances, your product or service will be the solution to their problem, but not 100% of the time. Do not underestimate the power of a strong referral that may be generated if you do not complete the sale, but do remember to serve the client.
- Establish a relationship. Build rapport by showing genuine interest in the client.
- Ask them to share with you what is happening in their life/business.
- What would their ideal situation look like?
- What are their current obstacles/challenges?
- What is the impact of those challenges?
- How can you assist? Present your product or service as a solution, if practical.
- Invite them to take action. Present enticing offer to proceed now.